The Gold Standard in Bathroom Design
Remodeling an outdated bathroom brings personal satisfaction and added value to your home. With all the time your family spends in the bath over the years, why not invest in a remodel that everyone can enjoy each and every day? J.T. McDermott Remodeling Contractors has been designing and remodeling bathrooms in the greater St. Louis area since 1993. Whether you’re looking for a complete master bath upgrade, a simple powder room remodel, or the addition of another bath to your kitchen and bath remodeling project for your growing family, we have the skills and experience to meet your expectations.
- Designing a New Floorplan
- Complete Bathroom & Powder Room Makeovers
- Plumbing & Electrical Updates
- Custom Tile Shower Surrounds
- Low profile shower curbs for easy entry
- Lighting, Fixtures, and Other Product Selection Guidance
- Custom Cabinetry Installation
Bathrooms are typically the smallest rooms in the house, so they must be designed with just the right balanced combination of function, comfort, and beauty. Our team of experienced designers and craftsmen are here to make sure that every detail, from showers, tubs, and vanities to tiling and flooring, are expertly installed for years of enjoyment.
Our Bathroom Remodeling Process
It all begins with our initial home visit, where we listen carefully to your personal design tastes, preferences and needs. While we can handle any size project, we don’t push our clients to go outside their comfort zone. We consider it our job to give you the bathroom remodel you have in mind. We’ll take a look at the existing space and, drawing on our years of expertise and industry knowledge, walk you through the best solutions and options for the project you have dreamed about.
Moving forward, our design team prepares a conceptual floor plan, a detailed scope of work, and an estimated budget. We also show you 3D renderings of how your new bathroom will look when completed. As a design-build home remodeling firm, we manage every detail for you, including securing permits and coordinating with outside vendors and subcontractors. You work with our in-house designers to make key decisions about fixtures, finishes, and furnishings. To ensure your project stays on time and budget, we don’t start the work until a project management plan and schedule is in place, and all materials are selected and ordered.
Aging in Place / Universal Bathroom Design
Many homeowners are choosing attractive upgrades that make the bathroom a safer place now and for the future. Some of today’s latest design trends and clever innovations, including large walk-in showers, higher toilets, ergonomic handles, hand-held shower heads, and natural lighting, already make your bathrooms safer and easier to navigate. The whole purpose of aging in place remodeling – or universal design – is safety, access, comfort, and convenience. Some common features include:
- A curbless, enlarged shower with handheld shower heads anchored to an integrated grab bar. Many homeowners also choose to install a teak, tile, or marble bench, good lighting, and a built-in cubby for toiletries.
- Cabinets with easy-close doors and D-shaped pulls instead of standard knobs.
- Sinks and countertops at two different heights with the area below the lower one left open.
- Lever handles on faucets.
- Non-slip floors.
- Grab bars that also function as shelves, toilet paper holders, or towel bars.
- Wide-edge tubs that make getting in and out much easier.